UPDATED POST: There’s so many places to enjoy happy hour in the Cayman Islands and in our original post we shared 8 of our favourite spots. We’ve added two more to the list, one stretches to the very end of Seven Mile Beach but it’s worth the few minutes extra drive to the west side of the island.
- Macabuca – This oceanside tiki bar is the happy hour hub of North West Bay. With buckets of beer specials and live music every Friday, you’ll not want to leave until well after the sun goes down. With a seafood-heavy menu you’re sure to find a Caribbean favourite in the johnny cakes, grilled mahi sandwich or conch ceviche. Whether you are enjoying a bite after a dive or looking for a front row seat to glowing sunsets, the deck at Macabuca has your chair waiting.
- Casa 43 – Did someone say tacos? Serving up a taco menu at Happy Hour prices – from chicken and shrimp to barbacoa and chicharron (even vegetarian selections), you’re sure to find at least a few you can’t go without. Try a house or mango margarita, your hardest decision will be to have it frozen or on the rocks. One more tip – call ahead or arrive early, they don’t take reservations.
- Morgan’s Seafood Restaurant – Enjoy elegant waterfront cocktails and ocean-to-table plates with daily changing specials. Morgan’s Seafood Restaurant is perfectly situated behind the Cayman Islands Yacht Club so you can watch the sailboats and day cruisers make their way home at the end of fabulous day on North Sound.
- Coccoloba – For sunset drinks on the deck and a little Mexican flair, you must visit Coccoloba, the beachfront restaurant at Kimpton Seafire + Resort. Completely beach casual, Coccoloba has Taco y Tequila on Tuesdays where you can combine mouthwatering tacos with sangrias and margaritas served in skull-shaped glasses.
- Legendz Bar and Grille – Don’t miss the game! Finding yourself a location that plays major sports leagues and games worldwide couldn’t be easier. Throw in one of the best priced happy hour beers, and you won’t want to leave. With large HD screens viewable from anywhere in the restaurant and tasty nibbles, the only thing better is your team scoring a goal!
Watch out for the green flash. Believe it or not, it is real. Many report green flash sightings from the shores of Seven Mile Beach but in our experience, it’s a rarity.
- Seven at The Ritz-Carlton – Named for the famous beach, Seven has delectable treats in both bar snacks and cocktails. With black and blue sliders, grilled octopus, and mac and cheese, the bite-sized morsels are delicious paired with classic beverages that have a modern twist. The best part of happy hour is the price – at Seven, snacks and drinks are only $7CI.
- Tillie’s – Located on the beautiful Seven Mile Beach, Tille’s is home to the perfect Caribbean view. Take a stroll through canvas cabanas and striped umbrellas mixed with beach chic décor and perfect summer beats in the background. Regional classics from around the Caribbean can be shared over fruity and fresh cocktails, the perfect accompaniment to sandy toes on the beach.
KARoo – Overlooking the fountain at The Crescent in Camana Bay, KARoo offers crisp designer cocktails and small plates with a wide range of culinary influence. The outdoor atmosphere and central location create a vibe of cosmopolitan urbanism is a relaxed setting ideal for people watching. It is the perfect location to meet up with friends.
- Anchor and Den – With a relaxed shore-to-sand vibe inspired by the neutral nautical decor, Anchor and Den offers a range of craftsman cocktails by the experienced bar staff. Ask for your favorite flavors or order from the extensive cocktail menu. Mixing hard liquor with herbal blends, flavored bitters and creative infusions, there is a cocktail for every taste. Monthly theme nights will take you to a faraway place to enjoy the food and drink of cultures abroad.
In the middle of July, the sun sets at the perfect happy hour time of around 7 pm. Find a spot to view one of the most beautiful sunsets you may ever see.
- Sunset House – For decades, Sunset House has been the happy hour spot of choice for locals and visitors to enjoy a cold beer and watch the spectacular Cayman sunset. It is relaxed with a friendly atmosphere perfect for any occasion: great food and an extensive selection of drinks, in the ultimate Caribbean setting. My Bar at Sunset House is a fun, Caribbean happy hour.